Hands-on Qualified Mechanic / Workshop Manager (Technical)
My client in Mozambique, is looking for a Qualified Mechanic with experience in a Management Role (Workshop and General Maintenance), to join their team.
* Speak Portuguese
* Be someone who is from Mozambique looking for a way to return to Mozambique or currently in Mozambique
This is not an Expat Role, the company does not offer housing and schooling etc.
Housing and / or relocation is for your own cost.
Company does provide
* medical aid, business cell phone allowance, normal annual leave.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA'S) - Reporting to the Managing Director
* Manage the 2 x workshops (20 x Trucks / trailers & 90 x Forklifts).
* Manage and control building / Warehouse maintenance activities.
* Manage and control general maintenance housekeeping.
* Manage departmental maintenance budget's and expenditure.
* Manage, monitor and develop subordinates.
* Manage corporate governance and safety.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Daily meetings with the workshops mechanics, spares storeman & general maintenance teams in order to manage and prioritise workloads and scheduled maintenance.
PLANNING NECESSARY IN THE JOB:
Minimise machines & equipment downtime. Manage critical spares
DEADLINE IN THE JOB:
To ensure all machinery and equipment is operating at optimum efficiencies.
* Manage maintenance and repairs of:
* 20 x Fleet of Trucks
* 26 x trailers (Triaxels, Super-links, Refrigerated).
* 80 x Fleet of Forklifts and other equipment.
* Ensure through preventative schedule maintenance all trucks and trailers have a maximum technical down time of 3 days per month.
* Guarantee high quality after sales maintenance and spares service to all Top brand Forklift customers nationwide.
* Maintenance - short and long term contracts.
* Expand the after sales maintenance service business offering across the whole country and increase the maintenance business in all the client's branches.
* Guarantee that all maintenances are done as per a sechedule in due time as per factory standards and requirements
* Supervise all technical teams (trucking, forklifts and infrastructures)
* Manage procurement / costs / budgets of all spare parts for all business units.
* Manage and maintain critical spare parts across all branches, manage stock controls and no redundancies / obsolete stock.
* Provide training for the technical team - Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
* Provide management progress reports, daily / weekly / monthly, including any changes made to plans
* Delegate technical tasks / responsibilities and monitor progress of projects
* Deliver services consistently on time and below budget, always looking to improve efficiencies and costs.
* Work closely with the maintenance team and all the Business Unit managers during all project phases of the business development.
* Conduct regular status meetings with all necessary stakeholders
* Responsible for job allocation and job flow up in the workshops / maintenance teams.
* Planning and coordination:
* Job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations to effectively manage jobs and teams;
* Co-ordinate technical resources,
* Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
* Assist with quoting, project management, parts & materials purchasing and quality checks.
* Act as a technical adviser.
* Respond to customer's requests for services & updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
* Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information
* Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
Minimum Qualification: Matric / Grade 12
Ideal: BSc, BTech , Electrical , Mechanical Engineering.
* Previous experience as a mechanic working on trucks / trailers (Hands on knowledge).
* Workshop & General Maintenance manager
* Horse and trailer fleet operations & maintenance. (Current trucks Freightliners).
* Refrigerated trailer maintenance.
* Refrigeration Plant Operation and maintenance.
* Coldroom Operation and maintenance
* Forklifts operation and maintenance.
* Good Practice of maintenance
* Down time scheduling
* Building maintenance
* Management leadership and control
* Environmental Impact knowledge.
* Health and safety knowledge / experience
Qualities and Attributes:
* Mature manager
* Dynamic, with high energy levels
* Hands on through experience. MBE - Management by experience.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Systematic & structured
* Strong Communication skills
* Good computer MS word / MS Excel
* Team player
* Strong business acumen.
Salary at R50 000 CTC per month.