• The Test Manager role involves quality & test advocacy, resource planning & management, and resolution of issues that impede the testing effort and responsible for designing, developing, and executing the test strategies, test plans, test cases and defect life cycle that verify a system/application conformance to defined Business Requirements & Solution design documents as well as application standards. Managing both manual and automation testing for Projects & Enhancement / Releases. In addition to functional testing, the Test Manager is responsible for quality assurance of non-functional areas such as gathering data, environment requirements, UAT requirements & Post Implementation testing.
Role and Responsibilities;
• Liaise with Project Managers (PM), Business Analyst’s, Release Manager, consultant & development teams to identify and assess new Projects & Enhancement schedules
• Participating in the Design discussions and scoping
• Develop/Review Test Plans and Test Coverage Matrixes
• Assist PM’s in getting sign off the Master Test Plan as per Business requirement specifications & solution documentation
• Review HPQC tool for Releases, Requirements, Test plan, Test cases, Test lab and defects management components prepared by Test Analysts
• Conduct quality assurance environment health checks, data validation before start of the test execution phase. Make sure both are fit for purpose
• Coordinate and schedule the boiler sessions timeously with other integration teams until all E2E scenarios are achieved in all test phases(FAT, SIT, Functional, Regression, Pre-Prod and Post Implementations
• Manage raised defects to complete their life cycle. Where required provide development/technical teams with required clarifications.
• On a day to day basis, identify, report and prioritize defects, working with the TCOE & Dev teams to locate and assist in identifying and resolving defects
• Act as the single point of contact between Development, Management and Testers
• Participating in the daily/weekly update meetings conducted by PM & Release Manager
• Attending CAB to support the project & Releases delivery and ensure the smooth transition through the SDLC
• Provide Project Manager/stakeholders with timely accurate status reports, risks, and issues for different phases of testing activities
• Review various reports prepared by Test engineers and send daily execution reports to all project stakeholders
• Assist the Release Manager in prioritizing the Release Schedules on weekly basis and coordinating the testing accordingly.
• Plan, oversee, and perform testing activities and prepare test packs for different phases (FAT, SIT, UAT, Performance, Pre-Prod and Post Implementation)
• Identify the various integration impacts and plan for appropriate regression testing in consultation with various technical teams and update Management
• Coordinate and conduct UAT sessions and manage the UAT sign off
• Escalate test and/or release contention issues to the Programme Manager & Release Manager
• Develop Test Closure reports for QA, Pre-prod & Post Implementation
• Perform Defect Analysis and Risk Assessment Analysis
• Guiding/mentoring learners and juniors in identifying test requirements, test cases and gathering test data and defect management.
• Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed as per overall test strategy and governance of the programme
• Tertiary Education in the ICT industry (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (Preferred)
• ISTQB foundation certification (Preferred)
• ISEB Intermediate certificate (Preferred)
1. Experience required
• 5+ years of software testing experience with proven expertise in different skills with involvement in Software Development Life Cycle, Testing Life Cycle, Concepts and Methodologies like Integration testing, Regression testing System testing, Acceptance testing.
• Strong expertise in all phases of Software Testing like Testing Process, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Defect Tracking, Reporting and Documentation in process of Testing Cycle.
• Experience with software applications on mobile platforms and the web
• Possess a strong broad technology skill set.
• Demonstrated experience in black box testing
• Backend testing experience
• Automation skills & toolset
• Databases: Oracle, SQL.
2. Knowledge and skills required
• Mid-Level knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
• Skills required in Test management tools
• Knowledge in Agile methodology
• SQL, XML, HTML, VB Scripting knowledge
• Ability to take ownership
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, Verbal & Written
• Proven track record of previous experience on STLC(Software Testing Life Cycle)
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Analytical Thinking
• “Go-getter” - Be pro-active (run with issues, communicate with various teams)
• People Skills
3. Key behaviours and Competencies
• Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others, team work ethic.
• Guiding and training of junior testers based on the project
• An excellent communicator and collaborator
• Willingness to learn, excited about Testing Methodology
• Positive attitude
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Learning and Researching
4. Special Requirements
• Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00
• Must be prepared to work overtime or be allocated to standby.
• Driver’s license and own transport required
(Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful)