1. Role summary
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Debt Division of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
2. Key responsibilities
• Working with the Manager to ensure the completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
• Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
• Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
• Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s, Management accounts and IPD’s;
• Preparation of annual statutory financials statements;
• Assisting with cash management and bank payments and
• Responsibility for all bookkeeping of clients in portfolio.
3. Skills / experience required
• Commerce degree with:
o Financial Accounting 3;
o Taxation 1;
o Auditing 1 or Internal Auditing 2 or Internal Control & Code of Ethics;
o Corporate Law 1 or Commercial Law 2; and
o Management Accounting.
• Proficient in MS Excel;
• Structural and detail orientated;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
• Excellent communication and organisation skills;
• Motivated and driven; and
• Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
4. About Sanne
SANNE is a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate administration services. Established for over 25 years and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, SANNE engages with over 1, 200 people worldwide and has in excess of £200 billion assets under administration.
As leaders in our field, SANNE delivers tailored fiduciary services to a highly valued international client base through a global network of regulated businesses within 15 leading financial jurisdictions.
Each specialist business is led by directors with extensive asset and market experience who are in turn supported by multifunctional teams aligned to the specific requirements of each client, across one accredited platform.