Kendrick Recruitment is looking for a passionate and guest experience focused Travel Specialist for an award-winning and international Destination Management Company based in Johannesburg.
• Interaction with guests, shareholders, staff and journalists telephonically and via email.
• Planning and designing itineraries for guests, shareholders, staff and journalists.
• Handling reservation requests from either e-mail or telephonically.
• Processing of reservations from quote to finalising, including reservations, invoicing, collecting of payment and travel documents.
• Professional servicing of guests.
• Selling of products and services.
• Interaction with colleagues, guests and suppliers.
• Maximum 8 working hours turnaround time on all enquiries from time of receiving the enquiry.
• Saturday duty and Emergency duty on a rotation basis.
• Public Holiday duty on a rotation basis.
• Backup for colleagues when they are away from the office.
• Expanding product knowledge through attending training sessions.
• A good knowledge on any of the destinations that the company promotes within South, Southern and East Africa.
• A good knowledge on FIT and Groups policies and procedures.
• A good knowledge of company offers.
• A good knowledge of company Staff and Business policies.
• Working experience in tour operating and general reservations procedures.
• Good understanding of product knowledge, third party and company product destinations.
• Understanding of travel industry channels.
• Excellent computer skills including:
• Tourplan advantageous.
• ESS is essential.
• MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Other related systems such as the Web Reporting Portal.
• Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and being able to make decisions based on these analyses.