UNIT: Policy, Legal and Regulations
To perform efficient and effective corporate and commercial legal support function within SAMSA.
• Implement and monitor the corporate compliance legal framework (universe, policy and manual ) for SAMSA
• Develop and implement Annual Corporate Legal Plan in line with Divisional Objectives
• Drafting of MoU’s, agreements/contracts, and legal documents.
• Legal vetting of MoU’s, agreements/contracts, and other legal documents.
• Providing legal opinions on Corporate and Commercial matters.
• Participate and contribute to the creation of the Centre Business Plan.
• Provide support to corporate governance, compliance and risk management systems with particular reference to Supply Chain Management and Human Resources
• Participate in mitigation of identified departmental risks.
• Create proposals to guide the organisation to perform optimally and implementing best practices.
• Surveying the corporate environment for best practices and technologies that will improve the efficiencies and quality of services provided to SAMSA.
• Motivate the implementation of changes to policy and business processes and oversee the embedding of changes through the management lines.
• Provide corporate legal advisory to internal and external clients
• Ensure effective stakeholder management throughout the operational value chain
• A relevant Bachelors Qualification or Equivalent
• Admitted Attorney of South Africa
• 5 years’ working experience post admission as an attorney preferably within a law firm specializing in corporate and commercial matters.
• Broad knowledge of stakeholder management processes
High levels of competence on the skills below is a requirement:
• Proficient in conducting research into Corporate legal issues
• The ability to draft legal opinions
• The ability to participate and perform at various internal business processes
• Project Management skills
• Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams and working with multiple and diverse stakeholders
• Ability to conduct research and produce high quality research reports
• Strategic thinking
• Good verbal and written business communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity. Preference will be given to African Females and White Females.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.