An opportunity exists for a Warehouse Assistant to join a leading South African employer. The incumbent will assist with the warehouse function of the company. Duties include assisting with the warehouse stock, ensuring stock control systems are up to date, the efficient utilisation of space and that captured CRA’s balance back to the actual stock received.
• Ensure stock is taken from the receiving holding bay on a daily basis, after the CRA has been
• Ensure the efficient utilisation of space
• Stock control (stock counts, checking stock leaving premises as well as receiving stock)
• Receiving and despatch of stock- to ensure all the correct processes are followed
• Ensure that warehouse housekeeping is up to standard
• Ensure stock is packed by category and by model in the warehouse
• Assist with the correct process and execution of the warehouse stocktake is managed
• Ensure minimal stock loss is achieved as per the company allocated stock loss target.
• Have a clear understanding of the company's policies, vision and how the warehouse
• contributes to the mission of the business
• Ensure all daily stock movement is controlled and processed correctly.
• Keeping stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy
• Assist with future capacity requirements
• Ensure all stock has been marked before moving into the warehouse
• Assist all the faulty/spare stock is sent to the Technician department as per company process
• Assist with all the Warehouse administration functions - including filling documentation
• Ensure the warehouse is OHSA compliant and all mandatory checks have be done with the
• respective inspectors and the OHSA file is maintained as per legislation
• Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
> 2 - 3 years experience in working in a warehouse environment.
> Knowledge of the duties and responsibilities listed above.
> Ability to work in Selby area, Johannesburg.
> Clear criminal and credit record.