AHRI seeks for the Research Medical Doctors. The purpose of the position is to provide medical care for participants enrolled in clinical trials or studies under the CTU and its satellite sites. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising clinical staff that support multiple studies; ensure all assigned activities occur according to protocols and standard operating procedures; ensure appropriate use and allocation of clinical/material resources; interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including DOH; ensure that all study data is collected according to protocol requirements and align with the AHRI scientific strategy.
The position will be based primarily in our Somkhele site but might require travel to the Durban site or clinics and or hospitals according to the study protocol.
Overview of duties
1. Planning, coordination, and implementation of clinical activities for studies conducted under the Clinical Trials Unit
2. Ensure tracking of all study activities, patient recruitment, clinical care and follow-up.
3. Support relevant PIs to ensure that clinical research studies are compliant with DOH, GCP and SAHPRA requirements and running smooth
4. Liaise with key stakeholders, including DOH and internal stakeholders
5. Provide strategic support for the planning, administration and operations for the multiple clinical research studies
6. Participate in training and for personal research development