Genesis Analytics is an economics-based advisory firm with offices in Johannesburg and Nairobi, and working across the African continent. We advise public and private sector clients in emerging markets on competition, financial strategy, regulation, development, monitoring and evaluation, behavioural economics, health and infrastructure projects.
Our 80-plus full-time consultants use their analytical capabilities to improve decision-making and, through better decisions, unlock substantial value for our clients and society. The quality of our work has a reputation for analytical strength, service in the private and public sectors, a focus on how decisions are made, and a repute for rigour, ethics and fairness. Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa and we use our skills and experience to enable our clients to make better decisions in the countries and markets in which they operate.
Our Health Practice is looking to recruit a talented, newly qualified graduate to join the team in 2019. We work with our clients to develop solutions aimed at improving the health of populations throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Our region is beset by a range of diseases, both communicable and non-communicable, and has relatively weak health services. Within this context, we provide experts with decades of experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of health programmes
The Analyst position is a critical technical function to the success of any practice at Genesis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform rigorous analysis of data and reports using both conceptual and quantitative approaches
- Apply thinking and logic to problem-solving
- Prepare clearly thought-out and logically written documentation
- Perform relevant research related to projects to source required data
- Clean data sourced to make it project specific and relevant
- Vet of all information to ensure accuracy
- Client interaction
- Market Genesis and the practice to ensure ongoing sustainability and extend business
- Build intellectual capacity and property
- Write and develop proposals
Your application must consist of:
- A motivational letter
- A comprehensive CV
- Complete academic transcripts from first year of study to date attached as one document
- A certified copy of your South African identity document or passport
- An assignment from the current year of study.
- The application is received and screened against required skills, competencies and experience
- The candidate is required to complete an online technical case study
- A video interview will take place
- A panel interview is conducted
- Credential checks are completed
- If the candidate is successful, an offer of employment is made.