We are looking for an Audit Senior in our Audit Division to begin on 1 February 2022 or sooner. If you have a passion for auditing, set high standards in regards to the quality of your work, are technically competent in your field and have great interpersonal and communication skills, please send us your application.
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who would like to get some additional auditing experience before taking the next step in their career.
Main Purpose of Position:
The primary focus will be to lead audit teams or independently complete assignments and provide on-the-job guidance and training to the trainees.
- Full audit function from planning to finalisation; taxation, statutory functions and client relations.
- Liaise with managers to ensure assignments are properly planned and everyone on the team understands their responsibilities in terms of the audit.
- Assist managers in compiling budgets and communicate budget to the team.
- Proactively arrange planning meetings, ensure the whole team understands client service objectives, risk areas, the client’s business, relevant deliverables and deadlines.
- Be familiar with relevant legislation applicable to each audit.
- Complete sections of the audit that are assigned, and ensure the team members complete their allocated sections within set deadlines at the required standard.
- Prepare report points to be included in the final management letter, prepare the management letter, as well as external and internal risk management documentation.
- Ensure all queries have been adequately cleared.
- Provide detailed feedback to managers on actual time spent versus budget and reasons for overruns.
- Wrap up the audit file within set deadlines.
- SAICA Training contract – Audit & Assurance elective
- Preparation of IFRS and IFRS for SME’s annual financial statements
- Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office and Caseware.
- SAICA Member
Minimum level of Education/ Qualifications Required:
- SAICA accredited Degree
- Strong leadership ability
- Set high standards in regards to quality of work
- Strong sense of integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Structured and systematic