Ninety9cents Communications (Pty) Ltd is a full-service, integrated advertising agency headquartered in Cape Town; with offices in Johannesburg and Zambia. One of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies, 99c extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, the Spur Group, Distell and Digicape, to name but a few.
We are looking for a Back-End Developer with PHP and Laravel skills to join a focused and dedicated team. The ideal candidate is motivated, accountable, eager to take on any challenge, willing to learn and keen to grow. This candidate must be able to work under pressure, with tight deadlines and manage client expectations effectively.
- Scope and model backend solutions with the frontend team
- Create and deploy bespoke Laravel (or other) apps to AWS/Cloudfront for various client campaigns
- Database, API and endpoint creation for desktop and mobile apps
- Report on campaigns
- Dashboard and CMS CRUD
- Develop an in-house CMS for the corporate website
- Implement small to medium e-commerce
- Keep abreast with the latest backend best practice
- Research and develop new skills as required
- Work with the team to deliver campaign functionality on time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of coding principles, database design and deployment
- Knowledge of security and privacy regulations
- Knowledge of AEM and/or Magento and/or SAP (advantageous)
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks i.e. React & Vue (advantageous)
- Matric / Grade 12
- Tertiary qualification in Information Systems (or similar)
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role
- Experience in working in an advertising agency will be advantageous
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements are invited to submit a concise CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.