Purpose of the role
Responsible for the definition, management, and implementation of the data centre client take-on project, within the contractual undertakings. The primary responsibility of the Client Implementation Manager is to lead a successful implementation, meeting timelines and budget requirements. The Client Implementation Manager coordinates and prioritizes project tasks, manages timelines, maintains project plans and communicates status to clients, project sponsors and senior management.
Main function of the Job
- Act as dedicated point of contact for assigned major client projects with responsibility to integrate, co-ordinate and facilitate, so that all internal stakeholders are involved and consulted as required to fulfil Teraco’s offering to the client.
- Planning and installation management –This role monitors and facilitates fulfilment of all commitments made to the customer – delivery dates, appointments, and other promises – during the project, with authority to do “whatever it takes” to clear roadblocks and solve coordination problems. Perform programme management and/or project management functions:
- Facilitate planning sessions to establish the scope and constraints of the project and launch the project. Identify project risks, manage risks and ensure scope containment and management
- Act of overall programme manager in the installation phase as it relates to the client requirements, which may require co-ordination of activities of other project managements to achieve the project objectives.
- Manage business and technical project review meetings.
- Work with internal stakeholders, heads of departments and technical experts and infrastructure project managers to ensure that the project is delivered to the required client scope, quality and timelines.
- Where customised solutions are required, ensure that agreement is reached on a solution and implementation plan that meets both the client (contractual) and the Teraco technical design and solution and commercial requirements
- Keep teams on track with delivery to schedule.
- Documentation and tracking - Produce formal project status reports (progress/risks/issues/financials) as required by Senior Management and Client. Compile minutes of all project meetings.
- Presentation of Project Progress to Client Board or Client Project Committee(s): Professionally prepare and present project progress reports to Client Project Sub-committees as required. The marketing department and heads of departments will support; however, all content and delivery will be the responsibility of the Client Implementation Manager.
- Influence and co-ordination - Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams to manage the overall take-on project for our client. Establish relationships within Teraco, Client and Suppliers to effectively implement the project. Ensure that Teraco align technical solutions with the client’s business strategies and requirements, by ensuring the correct technical experts are consulted and involved in the project. This role will not have any direct reports or staff management responsibilities, but due to the project management nature of this role, the individual will be required to manage delivery by influence.
- Facilitate readiness of operational support teams including development of operational processes, documentation, and training. Ensure the Service Delivery Manager assigned to the client delivers the required service as at handover and to perform oversight for a period, until account operationally stable and services routinely delivered.
- Complete all the above while delivering high levels of internal and external client satisfaction.
- Support the Management, Sales, Business Development and other departments in engagements with prospective or existing clients in fulfilling sales or non-project related activities. This may require international travel, and therefore the person must be able to travel internationally.
To achieve this function, project management skills are required.
SHEQ, Information Security, Legal and other requirements and obligations
Employees to demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Integrated Management System by:
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of himself/herself, others and the workplace
- Obeying all stipulated company rules, policies and procedures in compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 9001:2015 Standards
- Report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions and threats that come to his/her attention that may affect persons or the business
- Ensuring the preservation of confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information for Teraco and our respective clients
- Committing to the implementation and maintenance of our Quality Management System
- Strong documentation and presentation skills.
- Able to translate technical materials and issues to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to interact with clients and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Ability to interact and build rapport with clients at all levels of management seniority.
- Strong people skills (stakeholder management skills to build and foster internal relationships).
- Very strong communications skills to coordinate efforts with various teams. Requires reporting accurate information that is clear, concise and visual (requiring good oral and written articulation skills).
- Works well in ambiguity and drives participants toward clarity of tasks and deliverables.
- Anticipates potential threats (risks) to project prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation.
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience following structured communication plans with audience specific standards.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project.
- Proven track record of delivery of multiple parallel initiatives.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams (team player).
- Effective leadership abilities, ability to plan, organize, and motivate others to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Strong business ethics and integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Only candidates who have very strong verbal and written Mandarin speaking skills will be eligible;
- BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience preferred;
- Must have previous relevant experience of managing technical individual contributors;
- Prior experience of 2 -5 years in data centre management or related field preferred;
- Work experience in the IT field greater than 15 years preferred.
- Project Management experience or qualification preferred.
- All Teraco employees are responsible for the quality of their work and the protection of company and client information