Key objective is to provide clinical and scientific guidance to Healthcare Professionals and Aspen commercial staff on Aspen products, in order to enable the delivery of company’s strategies and objectives. Be the lead internal scientific expert for brands, education, concepts, and marketing activities. To collaborate with external Key Opinion Leaders and stakeholders’ e.g. medical experts, research/scientific organizations, service providers, health authorities, Universities, etc. To be the key point of contact for the various sales functions with regard to clinical expertise. The role will also be responsible for developing and implementing promotional and advertising strategies and material intended for customers and commercial staff.
- Provision of current scientific support to the KOL’s in support of our products and concepts/strategy
- Provide professional medical advice and customer insights working with HCP’s and KOL’s as partners in scientific activities that help advance disease management and therapeutic understanding in line with Aspen strategy and objectives in delivering brand strategy and operational plans.
- Participate in developing product training modules and presentations, discussing all aspects of the data in an objective, scientific and balanced way.
- Identify HCPs with the scientific expertise to collaborate on forward thinking medical projects identified in strategic brand planning.
- Contributes to the business by ensuring compliance with regulations and Aspen’s guidelines and policies.
- Provides the scientific input and expertise in the concept development and design of all promotional materials and events.
- Develop and implement advertising and promotional strategies and material intended for commercial use and customer distribution.
- Analyzing data to gain insights into clinical information and trends, within which training value is extracting.
- Direct responsibility for the promotional budget allocated for the portfolio
- Training of health care professionals (nurses and pharmacist) in Aspen anaesthetic and pain products within all the key private hospitals in South Africa
- Reviews and approves all promotional materials and activities and related outputs with particular responsibility for suitability of documentation and scientific accuracy.
- Identify and manage suitable CPD activities with identified KOL’s and in collaboration with the sales force
- Attendance of relevant Medical and Scientific meetings/conferences locally and internationally.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good MS Office skills
- Relationship Building
- Delivery Focused
- Team Player
- Action orientated/ Sense of urgency
- Strong initiative
- Results orientated
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Matric
- Bachelor’s Degree or related in medicine/ BSc/B.Pharm / Biochemistry
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Current familiarity with healthcare environment including key opinion leaders, the medical community, patient needs and related dynamics.
- Demonstrated expertise in synthesizing scientific information and communicating it effectively at peer level with HCPs.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written)
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit their CV’s online on or before 21 March 2018. Please note that if you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Internal Applications must be completed using an Aspen mailing address after applicants have had informed their direct line managers of their applications