· Ensuring daily volume and quality targets are hit.
· Defining commercial models – E.g. If you convert at X, will pay you Z. There are numerous calculations required to get to this point.
· Working with account management team on client engagement & growth
· Defining projections & forecasts for your allocated verticals
· Allocating budgets for internal departments
· Onboarding affiliates/ suppliers
· Ensuring supply drives demand by driving more budget where we can deliver more.
· Ensuring all contracts agreements are signed and stored.
· Reviewing and improving marketing content
· Ensuring campaigns go live seamlessly on specified dates.
· Weekly commentating on volume, financial and quality reports
What is a Commercial Operations Manager?
A vertical refers to industries / categories that are responsible for monetary return in the business. An example of a vertical would be “car” insurance. A Commercial operations manager is responsible for the growth of these vertical/s within the 3way marketing environment. The Commercial Operations Manager is not client facing but does deal with all stakeholders above on a daily basis and as such has to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly. This is a pivotal role in the organization and has a direct influence on the company’s overall performance.
The 3 key components of the Commercial operations manager job include:
• VOLUME management – Manage the volumes between the client budget and the targets that the client wants to meet. EG: Hollard has a daily targets of 1500 leads. You need to achieve this target using internal and external suppliers (i.e.: sourcing)
• CONVERSIONS – The conversion is a measure of quality and clients use this to determine the budget allocated to 3 Way Marketing. Higher conversions lead to more budget. Determining the balance between the cost per lead and the conversion potential will determine where leads are obtained. E.G: Hollard lead to sale conversions are sitting at 12%, if we are able to get it to 15%, they will double the order they placed with us.
• PROFITABILITY – The aim is to reduce costs and increase earnings whilst driving growth
WHAT DOES GOOD LOOK LIKE?
o Profits above targets – this is one of the most important KPIs that the product owner will be measured on
o Volumes are on track (10% variance)
o Conversions have improved
o Affiliates/suppliers provide positive feedback and relationships are optimised
o Being able to drive the growth by taking control of the account
o Risks have been mitigated against any potential threats and competitors
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION(S) / EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree: Preferred graduates include management consultants, engineers, chartered accountants.
· Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset.
· Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
· Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
· Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
· High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
· Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective. Self-directed, acting based on own initiative.
· Entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
· Thinks like an owner of the business.
· Be curious, creative, courageous and a champion of the company and our products.
· Have problem solving skills, logical thinking, and analytical abilities.
· Act both tactically and strategically.