Ninety9cents is a full service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA and the Spur Group, to name a few.
We are looking for a detail-obsessed, big thinker Conceptual & Digital Copywriter to join our team! The ideal candidate must capture the imagination of an audience using the power of language and be able to work well with the creative and strategic teams to conceptualise and execute effective campaigns. So, if your imagination runs wild and language is your power, apply - you might just be who we're looking for!
Main duties include but are not limited to
- Translate / conceptualise the brief and the strategic requirements into compelling creative solutions
- Write copy and scripts for electronic, digital and media, print, outdoor, radio and television
- Brainstorm proactive creative campaigns, both for existing and potential clients
- Client facing - effective communication in pitching ideas and concepts
- A tertiary qualification in Copywriting and / or Advertising
- 3 years + copywriting experience within an advertising agency
- A portfolio of evidence that reflects conceptual, creative copywriting proficiencies
- Proficient in MS Word / PowerPoint / Keynote
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand advertising as a selling tool
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- "Out of the box" thinker
- Solution driven
- Deadline driven
- Great sense of humour
- Ability to accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Demonstrate creative insight and brilliance for client solutions across all media platforms
- Must be willing to work on alcohol brands
- Flexible to work overtime (if and when required)
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and a link to their portfolio of evidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of Employment Equity.