The Demand & Customer Service Manager will be responsible for all forecasting activities, order management and reviews associated with customers and products in the South Europe Cluster. The role will be located in: Verona; Italy.
- Lead the forecasting process which includes the integration of historical sales trends, researching of demand drivers (competitive responses, trend, substitution effects, etc.), using statistical forecast models and incorporating marketing assumptions to develop a rolling 24 months forecast.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results. Interface with Marketing and Sales teams to incorporate market insights into the forecast.
- Lead monthly Demand Review meetings with Commercial heads to ensure clear communication regarding forecast, forecast variances and changes. Also ensure updated forecast assumptions are reflected in the demand plan.
- Lead monthly collaborative customer forecasting meetings with key external customer teams to identify major forecast deviations to jointly improve forecasting as well understand and incorporate customer specific insights into the demand plan.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, customers, Supply Planning team and finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing and Commercial finance to understand demand forecast drivers. Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Commercial Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Interface and communicate with Supply Planning team on forecast changes. Work with supply teams to understand product constraints and impact on demand.
- Work with Commercial Finance on supporting the Budget/FC processes and highlight risks and opportunities to the sales plan.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Measure KPIs (e.g. Forecast Accuracy) and determine Root Causes behind forecast variances as well as communicate and take corrective action.
- Liaison with launch managers relating to New Product forecasting, including updating Just Enough (JE) with current projections. Work closely with SCM to ensure forecasts are in-line with proposed timelines for re-launched products.
- Responsibility for order management in Aspens ERP system (SAP) for the orders of their respective countries being managed.
- Manage/contribute of any Demand Planning projects or initiatives as directed by the Head of Logistics & Distribution, Europe CIS
- Use the ERP and demand planning system to manage the net requirement to meet the agreed safety stock levels and delivery times.
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle managing inventory policies in the ERP system to drive inventory to meet the customer requirements.
- Work closely with the internal customers and ensure the successful delivery of primary business outcomes.
- Take ownership of customer’s issues and follow problems through to resolution. Monitor the resolution of any customer specific service delivery issues and maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities aligned with Supply Chain Planning.
- Co-ordinate with AGI Logistics to ensure the Shipment Schedule is communicated and executed to plan. Run weekly Shipment Meetings with all other stakeholders. Publish actions, follow to completion and measure the Ship to Commit KPI.
- Analyze statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service your organisation is providing. Lead meetings with other stakeholders to discuss possible improvements to customer service.
- Strive for continuous improvement/optimisation of customer logistics topics (processes, tools, concepts).
- Liaise with Supply Chain Managers for the effective management of any change impacting the supply chain.
- Manage/contribute of any Supply Chain & Logistics projects or initiatives as directed by the Head of Logistics & Distribution, Europe CIS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors in science, engineering or supply chain required and/or equivalent industry experience
- Demand Planning (mandatory)
- Logistics and distribution experience (optional) preferably within pharmaceutical or CPG industry;
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Planning and Sales and Operations Planning (Mandatory)
- International Experience is a plus as the role will be covering different markets outside Italy.
MS Office/Excel, Microsoft Access, BI reporting, Qlik - Proficient
APICS qualification or equivalent - Certified
Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques is desirable - Proficient
SAP APO or similar forecasting Systems - Proven experience
Ability to interpret diverse data sets, derive and apply insights to generate a robust forecast - Proficient
Strong presentation, communication and facilitation skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels - Proficient
Ability to interact with people across multiple functions and levels. Have considerable experience with customer negotiations - Proven experience
Language skills: English - Business fluent