OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this role is to aggregate, manage and facilitate the forecasting process for all reporting team members. Act as a focal point to improve forecast accuracy for the respective sales divisions, resulting in an overall improvement for the total SA Commercial stream.
Ensure that all team members achieve and adhere to their roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the forecasting process and ensure a 24-month rolling forecast is maintained
- Present the forecast accuracy by SKU’s highlighting exceptions <80% as well as establishing root causes and effecting remediation plans
- Responsible for continuous improvement.
- All queries are followed up and resolved in the shortest possible timeframe within policy framework
- A professional attitude is displayed when responding to customer needs.
- Methods for improving customer services are proposed, developed and continuously updated.
- Internal and external customers are constantly updated as to the progress of their queries
Internal – Commercial Manager, BU Head, ACC , Aspen manufacture sites
External – Outsourced manufacturing sites and associated demand planner
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PROCESSES
- Manage Market Demand through the monthly Forecast process with Marketing.
- Develop and execute product demand plans to meet organization goals , constantly challenging the Marketing Heads in terms of understanding true market demand being reflected in the forecasts .
- Using the JE Forecast statistical tool and market intelligence review trend analysis.
- Use appropriate statistical models and parameters and enrich statistical forecast to generate accurate base demand forecast per SKU.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales by providing input on a regular basis regarding product launches, portfolio optimization, rationale of commercial decisions, promotions and customer behavior.
- Continuously undertake SKU analysis and trending utilizing the Industry monitor tool to support the Sales and Marketing teams and promote most accurate forecasts by also analyzing deviations and initiating resolutions with relevant stakeholders on a rolling weekly and monthly basis. Place emphasis on analysis of promotional activity and demand plan misses by week and month culminating in a strong Demand Planning processes. Share the learnings with the broader team (Sales, Supply and Marketing).
- Correct the lost sales history
- Maintain a 24-month rolling forecast for all products
- Lead Demand review meetings highlighting products with FA less 80%
- Review the forecast variance report prior to upload to Baan highlighting any deviations
- Maintain fair share of allocation of stock at the beginning of each financial month
- Monthly stock analysis – pro-actively flag short dating and slow-moving stock to Marketing
- Proactively manage the Budget Process with Marketing
- Lead Continuous Improvement Project
- Create and add value at all times
LEARNING AND GROWTH
- Lead, Support and mentor Demand Planners
- Information is gathered about development needs
- Training and development is negotiated with manager
- Learning solutions are identified, proposed and implemented according to ongoing personal and team development plans.
- Best practice is encouraged to ensure expertise. Up skilling and multi-skilling is co-ordinated in line with staff development.
- Relevant University qualification in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Engineering
- SAPICS or similar courses would be an advantage
- Certified Integrated Resource Management will be an advantage
- 5-8 Years Supply Chain, Pharmaceutical
- Demand Management
- Stock Control
- ERP Systems
- Forecasting systems
- Industry Monitor System (TPM)
- People Management experience
- Strategic Planning
Conceptual Skills, Budgeting, Customer Service, Interpersonal Skills, Deadline Driven, Planning Skills, Administration Skills, Team Player, Conflict resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving, Analytical Skills, Negotiating, Decision Making Skills, Computer Literacy, Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Presentation skills.
Assertive, Priority setting, Accuracy, Innovation (quality), Attention to detail, Initiative, Self-confidence, Empathy, Customer focused, Interpersonal sensitivity, Patience, Influence, Logical thinking, Emotional intelligence, Information seeking, Enquiring Mind, Accurate self-perception.
- Knowledge in Distribution, Finance, Logistics and Value Chain principles
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Systems knowledge
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit their CV’s online on or before 20 May 2019. Please note that if you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has been unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Internal Applications must be completed using an Aspen mailing address after having informed their direct line managers of their application