A permanent vacancy exists for Donor Host/ Driver
Clinics Department (Grade B3)
Purpose of the Job
To maintain an effective flow of the blood donor clinic by:
- assisting with the assembly of the clinic.
- interacting with the donors.
- preparing the donor for donation.
- monitoring the donor during the donation.
- ending the bleeding process
- dealing with adverse reactions
- transport staff and equipment safely to and from clinics
- Matric Certificate
- A Code EB driver’s licence without endorsements and a PrDP
- It would be an advantage to possess a Code EC1 or EC driver’s licence
- The working hours are variable and shift work is required with some weekend work required
A combination of the following skills, knowledge and attributes is required:
- Well spoken, well groomed with good communication skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills and able to deal with the public
- Accuracy in data collection
- Have a friendly disposition and a willingness to “go the extra mile”
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Previous experience in a customer service environment is required
- Willing to assist with carrying clinic equipment to and from venues
- Previous driving experience is essential