Ninety9cents Communications (Pty) Ltd is a full-service, integrated advertising agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg & Zambia, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA and The Spur Group to name but a few. Our Cape Town office is looking for DTP Art Directors to join their growing team.
Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work to a design brief from the client or designer
- Use DTP software (Adobe InDesign) to produce a layout
- Product and price layout
- Select formatting, such as the size and style of type; column width and spacing
- Select and check colour
- Diploma in DTP/Art Direction or similar
- At least 3 years' experience in DTP Art Direction (product and price layout)
- Experience in working on retail clients in an advertising agency
- Knowledge of and experience in using Adobe software (Adobe InDesign)
- Knowledge of product and price layout is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task across multiple briefs at any given time
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Deadline driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail (careful and thorough in completing tasks and meeting deadlines)
- Flexible to work overtime (outside of regular working hours)
- Valid driver's licence and own vehicle will be advantageous
- Must be willing to work on alcohol brands
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and a link to their online portfolio (this is essential). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.