To oversee the total Stores function of Samancor in accordance with accepted Policies and Procedures. To control the stores by continuously improve current practices, methods, and processes in a safe manner, in order to provide the required service levels.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY:
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Section through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Integrated Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
Manage the Section:
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget, HDSA and Female targets
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP’s are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan and conduct career discussions on identified talent
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Conduct recruitment interviews
- Administer and provide support for the GSAP MM Module
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Business Unit’s departments/employees; External suppliers.
Auditing (Internal and External):
- Zero significant audit findings
Enterprise Wide Risk Management (EWRM):
- Identify and manage possible risks of total stores system:
- Inventory Control
- Manage Critical Items (ABC Analysis)
- Financial and Quality Management
- Ordering / Receiving / Issuing
- Management of total rotable process to its full capacity
- Management of Transport process. (Stores related internal and external deliveries)
- Compile Monthly Management Reports and Ad-Hoc reporting as required.
- Revise / Update SOP’s as required.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence.
• Manage the stores costs
- Degree or National Diploma in Supply Chain or related field
- 6 years’ relevant experience, preferably 2 years’ managerial experience
- Microsoft Office
- SAP MM Module
- Safety Leadership
- Innovation and Leadership
- Planning, Organising & Control
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Change Leadership
- Building Strong Teams
- Business Acumen
- Skills to identify tools and failures, identify HAZARDS / RISKS and declare the working area safe to work safely according to WCM work standards.
Closing Date: 18 February 2021