Reporting to the Group Human Resources Executive the incumbent will act as a subject matter expert for total reward policies and practices. Responsible for support, development and implementation of best value compensation and benefits solutions to support the Aspen Group businesses. This position will play a fundamental role in compensation projects that will shape and mould HR practices across the local and international business.
SPECIFIC OUTCOMES / CORE TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITY:
- Contribute to the development of new compensation strategies through creative input combined with data analysis and a deep understanding of the company’s future challenges (incentive plans, market positions, salary range, design, and pay mix analysis);
- Design and implement compensation and benefits policies and practices to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements;
- Design and implement retention plans/ schemes;
- Perform compensation and benefits analysis in line with global and guidelines and principles (including data submission, data extraction and analysis, reporting and recommendation presentation);
- Act as a recognised subject matter expert by advising HR and Line Managers on compensation and benefits in the organisation;
- Responsible for compilation of job descriptions and the maintenance thereof;
- Custodian for the job evaluation processes within the organisation;
- Lead and be actively involved in the deployment of the grading system;
- Responsible for all aspects relating to international assignments (including compensation and benefits, tax relocation);
- Responsibility to educate employees and managers on compensation and benefits.
- Performance of research and preparation of schedules and reports for the Group Remuneration Committee as required.
- Governance and oversight responsibilities for provident and medical aid funds.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree (preferably commercial) and / or relevant experience
- Proven track record of delivering remuneration strategies preferably within a multinational;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior capacity in compensation and benefits.
- Meaningful experience dealing with remuneration in multiple territories
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Effective planning, organising and co-ordinating
- Effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- High level numerical and analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Results driven
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Commercial and strategic awareness
- Human Resources Management;
- Relevant legislation;
- HR systems knowledge,
- HR policy and procedure;
- Remuneration structuring;
- Financial analysis;
- Incentive design;
- Job grading and profiling.
- Retirement funding.
- Medical cover.
- Accountability/ Ownership
- Performance Driven
- Develops Talent, Teamwork & Diversity
- Communicates Effectively
- Leads & Influences Others
- Takes Action with integrity
- Contributes Special Expertise
- Continuously Grows & Develops