Fine Chemicals requires the services of a highly competent Instrumentation Mechanician for the Engineering Department. To qualify for this position suitable candidates must fulfil the following requirements.
- Educational Qualification of a NTC 4 (N4) or formal Trade Certificate in Instrument Technician/Electrician/Mechanician or Equivalent Qualification as per the National Qualifications Framework as per SAQA
- Must have +/- 3 years’ relevant experience in Instrumentation within Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), FMCG, Chemical or Pharmaceutical manufacturing industries with emphasis on automation systems.
- Demonstrate competence in instrumentation and electrical equipment design, installation, operation, calibration and maintenance.
- Automation systems with emphasis on PLC/Scada and/or DCS.
- OHS Act and safe working practices and general industrial health and safety.
- Operation, installation, calibration and maintenance of field instrumentation and electrical/electronic systems in an ATEX environment.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS (Brief Summary)
- To ensure that all Instrumentation work within area of responsibility is conducted in compliance to company and statutory requirements and that instrumentation devices are maintained to a high standard of reliability and safety to ensure their on-going accuracy while in operation.
- Ensure timely maintenance and calibration of instrumentation as per the EMS calibration programme.
- Conduct repairs and maintenance to electrical plant, equipment, utilities and facilities as per job requisition.
- Ensure full compliance and execution of the companies maintenance programmes, policies and procedures on all designated work.
- Set up and change over equipment as agreed with production.
- On a continuous basis carry out upgrades and improvements on plant.
- Provide and submit brief descriptions of work performed on work requisition.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (Brief Summary)
- Ability to work independently as well as a team.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have ability to work under pressure.
- Must be numerate and show attention for accuracy.
- Good organizational skills yet hands on and honest.
- Good interpersonal and people skills.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMPANY AND WE APPLY EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PRINCIPLES AND STANDARDS.
Applicants not contacted after 30 days of closure date of advertisement must deem their application as unsuccessful.