Retro Rabbit is a driving force of uniqueness, creativity, and change. We are regarded as one of the top companies in South Africa when it comes to software development, user experience, and design thinking.
Retro Rabbit is a company with a strong culture of excellence in software development and it reflects in the work that we do. It is one of the many reasons we work with some of the biggest and most well-known companies in South Africa.
We have over 100 highly-qualified Rabbits (yes, we call ourselves rabbits) who build awe-inspiring, unique and dare we say revolutionary solutions for problems we encounter. We live out our motto to #BeBetter when it comes to what we do and this makes us stand out of the norm. At Retro Rabbit, instead of accepting the norm, we welcome your uniqueness and we help you grow into an amazing Rabbit and well-rounded person. Being bold and a little unusual is what we value.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to push boundaries and make an impact? Do you think you will make an awesome addition to the Rabbit family? Then we have great news for you.
We are in search of more talented and outstanding Intermediate Software Developers to join our family here at Retro Rabbit. We believe in being better. So, if this sounds like you, your CV should already be waiting in our inbox:
Are you fond of learning new things?
Do you like working in a dynamic and interactive workspace?
Are you a problem solver?
- Problem Solving
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify, test and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance existing software
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Client communication
- Continuous professional development
- Continuous performance whilst working under pressure
- Assist and educate junior software developers
The application should include:
- Cover letter
- Most recent and updated CV
- All relevant (previous and current) proof of qualifications
- ID document / Passport
- A minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years prior work experience in Software Development (working with multiple programming languages and frameworks)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with at least 1 object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#, C++, etc) and working experience with multiple other programming languages.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, their complexities and their implementation (e.g. Trees, Graphs, Sorting algorithms, Big O notation)
- Experience in the design and use of relational databases (eg SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in more than one software framework (e.g. Spring, Django, .NET, Angular)
- Experience with the complete software development life-cycle, i.e. from developing a proof of concept to supporting the finished project.
- Experience with a testing framework (e.g. JUnit, Mocha, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration and devops tools (e.g. Travis, Docker, TeamCity)
- Experience with version control (preferably git)
- Experience performing code reviews for team members.
- Experience with different software architectures (e.g. MVC, Microservices)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Problem-solving skills
- Great Attitude
- Listening Skills
- Ability to receive undefined tasks and break them down into smaller tasks
- Ability to estimate realistic deadlines
If you receive no response within 4 weeks of your application please consider your application unsuccessful.