Conduct risk assessment of assigned audits within the established or required timeline. Execute and manage risk based internal audits and consulting projects. Communicate findings to Senior and Line Management and draft comprehensive report for the audited area.
To provide management with suitable recommendations that will improve the company’s risk assessment, governance process and internal control procedures.
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal compliance, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control. .measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the section using SHEQ Toolbox.
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to analyse, identify trends, initiate, mitigate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
- Manage personal development
- Coach other Internal Audit team members during complex or specialised audit assignments.
- Develop, maintain and improve relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Report on key issues identified during the audit, and make recommendations for improvement or corrective action.
- Assist the Business Unit Management with the performance of the risk assessment process.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the risk assessment system.
- Prepare process flow charts/ system descriptions and process narratives
- Identify and assess pertinent key business risks and controls
- Preparing the risk and control matrix for assigned audit engagements
Audit Engagement/ Assignments:
- Lead the assigned audit engagements or projects.
- Prepare and execute risk based internal audit assignment.
- Plan and develop detailed audit programme for assigned audit projects.
- Identify and assign audit work to other Internal Auditors during the audits.
- Perform analytical reviews and testing procedures during audit projects.
- Prepare audit working papers that support the issues presented in an audit report.
- Ensure audit working papers prepared by others supports the audit findings raised.
- Communicate significant findings to the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and the Internal Audit Manager on a time.
- Develop and discuss audit findings with Auditee’s responsible staff and Management.
- Make suitable recommendations to improve the operations and internal controls.
- Prepare and present formal written internal audit reports for audits.
- Identify and recommend training needs for Internal Auditors.
- Manage and resolve disputes/ conflict that may arise during the audits.
- Monitor and follow-up on the implementation status of internal audit recommendations and management action plans.
- Compile clear and concise follow-up report on implementation status of recommendations and management action plans, and further present it to Management.
Ad hoc requests/Special Assignments:
- Lead or execute special reviews or ad hoc requests /consulting projects.
- Assist in the performance of special review requested by Management.
- Prepare clear and concise reports for ad-hoc projects and also present it to Management.
- Execute all audit assignments/ work in accordance with the IIA standards.
- Ensure audits are conducted in accordance with IIA standards and code of ethics.
- Prepare clear and concise reports for audit and consulting engagements performed.
- Contribute to the improvement of risk management and control systems.
- Identify or ensure that significant risks facing the company are identified
- Business and system improvement.
- Assist in carrying fraud and other Management special requests
- Identify key risk exposures and make suitable recommendations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree or Equivalent + CIA
- Minimum 4 to 6 years Internal Audit experience (preferably in a mining or smelting environment)
- Honours or CISA of CFE will be an added advantage