Background to iSchoolAfrica
iSchoolAfrica brings the best technology and classroom practices to township, rural and inclusive schools. Through our programmes we successfully uplift and improve the lives and futures of the youth of South Africa by working with schools to implement technological solutions to meet the needs of teachers and learners.
The Technical Solutions Support person will join the iSchoolAfrica programme team and be will be responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting expertise to our programme schools. From device set up, distribution, school liaison, updating, refreshing, reporting - including remote and onsite support.
This is a junior position with the potential for growth.
Applicants should be excited about being involved in a programme uplifting communities through technology. Flexible, adaptable, eager to learn and passionate about problem solving through technology.
Core Group candidates may be subjected to pre employment tests.
- Ensure systems reliability and customer SLA's are met
- Support the school Mobile Device Management (MDM) IT infrastructure
- Manage day to day operations in regard to web tickets and ensuring all clients are responded to within expected turn around time
- Manage and achieve full value of IT assets
- Manage relationships with programme partners. Measure and maintain relevant SLA metrics
- Report on the health of the environment, identify risk and improvement areas, plan and implement changes to benefit the programme and mitigate and reduce risk
- Provide technical expertise to strategic, tactical and operations initiatives
- Keep abreast of latest technology trends and opportunities, with the intention of benefiting the programme
- Troubleshoot any infrastructure issues
- Manage turn around times within service level agreement expectations
Skills and experience required
- IT tertiary qualification required
- Experience in general hardware and software applications
- Strong time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Some understanding of and interest in education programmes or working with schools and in general social impact programmes
- Confidence to train on basic iPad features in-person and online
- Desire to grow in Ed Tech space
- Willingness to travel
- Driver’s license