We’re looking for an innovative and experienced Java developer to join our team. The developer will be working with our technical experts on creating high-quality robust applications and products for various clients. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following key deliverables:
- Design solutions for business and IT problems
- Implementing coding based on designed architectures
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity
- Guide fellow developers on proper design and ensure compliance with team or organisational standards
- Working closely with your colleagues in small to medium size teams
- Provide support and coaching as needed on our solutions
- Relevant Degree or 3/4-year technical Diploma
- Honours or postgraduate degree preferred
- Oracle Java SE 7/8 Programmer certification
- Strong theoretical programming grounding required
- 4 years or more hands on development experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Object Oriented Development : 4 to 6 years
- Java 8
- Spring 4
- Gulp / Grunt & Bower
- Linux (servers) & Mac (dev)
- Docker / Kubernetes / Openshift
- Capability to setup infrastructure from OS to Prod build
- Github / Stack overflow profiles
- Comprehensive thought and error process when handling solutions
- Technical specification writing skills essential
- Ability to pick up new technologies easily
- Attention to detail
- People management skills
- Analytical as well as strong development skills
- Delivery focused
- Able to work in projects (multi-task) environment
- Responsive to change
- Excellent communication and ability to interact with clients at a systems analysis level preferable
Employment Equity Requirement:
- Employment Equity would be highly preferable. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The company prides itself in having the ability to turn business problems into agile solutions. Creating business and IT alchemy, we are a solution-driven enterprise that builds productivity and profit.
Our expert analysts position our clients at the forefront of technology innovation, creating balance with the best engineering talent, so that our clients can harness their true capabilities. Our integrated services blend software solutions with big-picture analysis to create an offering that promotes productivity and drives profit.
We invest in our people, and develop technology and business experts, by collaborating with clients on meaningful and challenging opportunities. You will have access to mentorship, career planning, eCoaching and tech talks.
Not based in Cape Town? We offer relocation assistance. Our flexi-hours, 20 annual leave days, above-industry salaries, progressive maternity and paternity leave policies, and fun staff events, ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance.