The Service Desk provides end-users with the ability to log tickets and requests, acting as a single point of contact for all Applications, Infrastructure and specific 3rd Party related problems.
A Service Desk operative will assume full responsibility to progress each ticket logged onto the Ticket Management System for any resolver group, irrespective of geography, application or support area, managing by priority and determined by business impact, providing regular end-user updates and ‘realtime’ escalation within any support groups or vendors to ensure visibility of any potential failures to resolve issues to the satisfaction of the end-user.
Day to Day Duties
- As an employee of CC, it is a requirement to fulfil certain daily tasks and duties on time as part of your roles and responsibilities.
- Always meet customer expectations
- Communication internally and to customer should be on time.
- Reflected in work logs.
- Time management:
- Lunch & breaks = 1 hour daily in total
- Proof of consultation with team members when shifts are swapped. Management will assist after this consultation as proved unsuccessful.
- Monitor availability of the team’s time management, being responsible for cover and well being of the Service desk.
- To fully understand the client business environment and potential impacts and severities IT related incidents may have to both user and business.
- Accurate logging of all ticket information - ensure full understanding and interpretation of details provided by the end-user.
- To ensure familiarity with client business imperatives, technologies and support processes.
- To ensure acknowledgement of all tickets logged and/or assigned to necessary support groups or associated vendors, within timescales identified within the Service Level Agreement.
- To provide a technical understanding and effective communication to the end-user to assist in resolving any tickets where possible First Time Fixes or even First Line Fixes. This entails:
- Quickly identify, diagnose and troubleshoot
- Identify solutions, through either verbal, front line or Client authorised First Time Fixes
- Ensure correct business severity is identified, based on business impact (GSD Operative to advise user of Impact where necessary) and escalate tickets deemed as high and critical to Client environment, including country, regional and global support management, within agreed timescales
- Accurate identification and assignment to resolver groups.
- Provide ‘proactive’ communication as well as ownership when performance or capacity-related monitoring tools alert to a threshold has breached.
- To provide First Line Support to other clients out of normal UK Business hours where this falls into the current shift rotation.
- Potential overflow logging will be required (secondary analyst to other GSD customers).
- To be fully responsible for progression of each ticket logged on the ticket management system irrespective of End User geography, application or resolver group
- Management and maintenance of the mailboxes.
- Correct logging
- Tagging emails
- Filing away
- Advising users of references numbers
Essential Knowledge/SkillsA strong service-oriented (‘can-do’) culture, with a strong focus on the ‘internal customer’ approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- Solid and stable connectivity while working from home – reliable fibre area and LTE connection is essential run the service (video is required)
- Eloquence – verbal and written skills in English are an essential skill to converse with the US user community.
- Good communicator with the user environment.
- Dynamic but aware of the views and feelings of others.
- Able to operate as a good team player.
- Drive and Energy.
- Has an analytical and logical ‘mindset’ when dealing with issues. Demonstrate clear purpose, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Be able to use varying styles of communication to suit the occasion and the audience.
- Suggest new ideas within the team.
- A high command of the English language both written and verbal is essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Grade 12 – subjects: Mathematics, Computer Science.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office & Windows XP/Windows7
- 18- 24 months year in the Customer Service industry
- Basic trouble shooting abilities in the technical / Networking environment
- ITIL Foundation v 3 / Good understand of ITIL
- MCP Certified
- MCDST Certified
Please Note: For this role, you may require access to sensitive customer financial information.