We have an exciting & challenging newly created role for a suitably qualified and experienced person who will be responsible for managing the automation testing delivery, mentorship of automation test team members, and driving the automated functional and non-functional testing function. The Lead QA Automation Developer will work with the TCoE Manager and Test Architect in achieving the department’s strategic objectives.
Key Performance Areas
Developing and maintaining automation frameworks / strategy
- Analyze all aspects of current testing landscape and assist TcoE Manager and Test Architect with determining strategy for implementation of new automation framework/s.
- Assist Test Architect with the implementation of automation strategy.
- Assist with defining a strategy for design and development of an efficient automation framework in an agile development model used for bespoke software development.
- Work with Test Architect to develop strategy for non-functional testing (load and performance) across Capfin’s application suite.
- Implement automated testing reporting framework using TFS / custom tools.
Test Analysis and Design
- Identifying necessary test data to support the test conditions and test cases
- Work with Test Architect in designing the test environment set-up and identifying any required infrastructure and tools.
- Be able to derive non-functional testing requirements from the applicable test basis.
Test Implementation and Execution
- Work with Test Architect to conceptualize, design and integrate automated solutions to optimize the performance of new and existing automation frameworks in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work with the development team to create and maintain tests supporting a continuous integration development environment.
- Assist Test Architect with the continuous improvement of the automation framework/s and create required documents for better usability of it.
- Ability to drive an automation test team to successfully get things done; goal setting, performance appraisal, project task management for direct reports.
Evaluating Exit Criteria
- Assess the test execution against the defined objectives for each level of testing to determine if enough testing has been done.
- Check if defects raised have been resolved, confirmation tested, or are outstanding.
- Preparation of automated test coverage and clearance reports. (functional and non-functional)
- Work with the Test Architect in analysing lessons learned to determine changes needed for future releases and projects from and automation strategy perspective.
- Update team Kanban board in TFS after each sprint.
- Maintenance of the automated regression test suite post signoff.
- Assisting with post deployment (to production) sanity testing.
- 3-year tertiary qualification in a relevant financial/IT related field of study.
- ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing.
- ISTQB Advanced Certified (advantageous).
- HP/Microsoft/ Java certification advantageous.
- Agile certification (advantageous).
- More than 8 years’ experience in Software Testing (automation) or Software Development role.
- Min 2 years in an automation lead role in a formal software testing environment.
- Proven track record of automating functionality contained in complex user interfaces (Microsoft technologies)
- At least 3 years .NET development experience (VB.NET, C# or CodedUI.)
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Python and SQL.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with webservices (SOAP / WSDL).
- Experience with integrating automated test cases into test management tools (example HP QC / Microsoft TM , VSTS etc)
- Detailed knowledge of test types (System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Load and Performance Testing).
- At least 1 years’ experience working with cloud technologies (AWS / Azure ).
- Experience with client/server type application landscape. (SQL Server, .Net, C#)
- Experience in building and maintaining keyword, data driven or hybrid testing frameworks ( CodedUI / QTP / Selenium / Ranorex / TestComplete, Java, Python)