We have a role available for an experienced Legal Officer who will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Legal Manager to ensure an effective legal service is provided to the Capfin business and to effectively attend to customer complaints within a regulatory environment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Preparation, drafting, review and critique of legal documentation: including agreements, regulatory letters, customer correspondence, customer facing documentation, internal control processes, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and applicable law(s) and marketing material
- Conducting legal research and provide advice to ensure business is compliant with legislation and/or Regulatory codes and/or best industry practice
- Creating legislative and legal environment awareness in the business and arrange/ provide training if necessary.
- Co-ordinating, implement and maintain Capfin Legal documentation including: Court Register, Agreements Register and IP Portfolio/database.
- Providing legal advice and assistance to all departments within the business, including Facilities, IT, credit, debt collection and people support environments
- Drafting/Review of Affidavits and other Court related item as well as preparation of Court files and the submission of documentation to Courts and similar bodies via service providers located in area
- Working closely with various role players in the Legal & Compliance office in terms of compliance, risk management and corporate governance functions.
- Assist in the investigation, drafting and preparation of responses to legal queries or complaints received from customers or regulatory bodies in a professional and timeous manner and in compliance with legislation and industry standards.
- Law Degree
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience as a legal advisor in a corporate environment, including knowledge and experience in a regulatory environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Ms Word; PowerPoint; Excel and Outlook)
- Working knowledge, understanding and application of industry related legislative requirements essential
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be deadline driven
- Analytical ability as well as strong project management skills
- Strong work ethics and Integrity
Closing Date: 28 June 2019