Aspen Global Inc. is the Mauritian subsidiary of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings (Aspen), the world’s fifth largest supplier of branded and generic pharmaceutical products. Aspen is the largest pharmaceutical company listed on the South African stock exchange as well as one of the top 20 companies listed on this exchange. A few other interesting facts about us are:
- We supply more than 150 countries around the world.
- We have supplied more than 500 million packs of medicine worldwide.
- We employ over 225 people in Mauritius.
- We have over 24 nationalities speaking 20 languages working in our offices.
- We have closed more than 20 global deals since inception in 2008.
- We are the international holding company for more than 60 subsidiaries.
- Our portfolio compromises of over 100 products and 5000 trademarks.
- We manage more than 3500 SKUs, from 60 Manufacturing sites and 25 active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturers.
As part of our continued growth, we are now recruiting for a Logistics Planner who will report into the Associate Manager - Logistics.
Overview of Role
This role is in our Supply Chain department. You will be responsible for shipment management and logistics service provider (LSP) management.
- You will participate in planning of shipments on a weekly basis based on the order book in order to achieve timely delivery while optimizing freight costs;
- You will liaise with manufacturing sites, LSP's and internal departments to ensure market specific documentation is available and is processed with shipments;
- You will integrate quality requirements in the logistics operations and manage distribution complain investigations;
- You will be representing logistics for assigned multi stream projects;
- You will be managing Logistics projects, which includes drafting project plans and monitoring key milestones until successful completion;
- You will be reporting internally on a regular basis on the KPI of the logistics team and LSPs as well as on the risk;
- You will analyze and identify factors affecting KPIs as well as risks to future shipments;
- You will review logistics processes to ensure they are aligned to changes in the business environment.
What you will need to be considered
- A degree or postgraduate degree in business management or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years related working experience in an international environment.
- Good understanding of international logistics and market requirements.
- Intermediate Excel Proficiency.
- ERP exposure preferred.
- Project management exposure will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage timelines and be able to prioritize effectively.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they meet the above criteria in order to be successful for interview selection.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Make sure you speak to your HRBP before applying. Closing date for internal applicants is by Monday 28th January.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
Aspen will not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact the Aspen Global Inc. HR department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. Obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Aspen Global Inc. In the absence of written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Aspen Global Inc. Aspen Global Inc. therefore shall not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.