· Apply fault-finding techniques, assist with root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspection
· Maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment as well as low and high level electrical equipment according to standards
· Perform medium voltage switching up to and including 33KV switchgear, transformers and motors. Be acquainted with plant safety and medium voltage switching regulations and permit to work system
· Trip resets throughout Plant
· Monitoring of HT yard and Utilities equipment
· Complete a breakdown work order, create a notification, provide feedback and generate orders on the SAP system
· Performing work in a safe and reliable manner ensuring the highest level of workmanship
· Conduct regular plant inspection and report non-conformance and problems
· Monitoring the operational conditions of machinery and equipment
· Perform lockout procedure on machines and/or equipment to prepare for maintenance
· Carrying out routine maintenance on production machines
· Maintaining, selecting and establishing measurements with complex measuring equipment
· Be required to work overtime from time to time.
· Perform general shift duties.
· After hour shift duties responsible for breakdowns entire FMT site.
· Cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Grade 12/N3 and a relevant Trade Test
- 3 years’ relevant experience, Heavy Industrial experience.
- MV Switching Regulations (ORHVS) will be a requirement
- Valid Code 08 Drivers license
- Medium Voltage experience will be an advantage
- SAP System experience will be an advantage