Ninety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency, with its head office located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director, Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name but a few.
Summary of main duties
· The primary role for this individual would be media buying: he/she would be responsible for client media bookings, budget summaries, chase lists, CIs, flighting instructions, and billing.
· They would also assist in setting up the new media buying system, Chase Nexus (at this stage we are doing buying manually).
· The individual would also be required to do some basic media planning and scheduling to assist Head of Media who does the media strategy.
· Essential: Media buying – booking, creating and sending chase lists, budget summaries, flighting, etc.
· Excel and PowerPoint.
· The person needs to have strong buying systems in place that they can set up at 99cents.
· Preferable: junior planning and scheduling experience.
· Telmar or Nielsen’s Crosstab ability.
Education & Experience
· Minimum 4 years buying experience needed.
· At least one year’s media planning experience.
If you have not received a response to your application within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Applications from EE candidates will be considered with preference in compliance with the EE Act.