Main Function of the Job
- Provide effective problem diagnostics (troubleshooting), technical support, problem resolution and training for all IT Security services to end users. This must be done remotely and onsite.
- Where necessary, liaise directly with vendors to resolve hardware issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Escalate calls that require the attention of the IT team by utilising the correct escalations channels.
- Document security administration procedures, implement the procedures as agreed and ensure evidence in respect of procedures is retained as per documented.
- Conduct daily checks of all security systems: Axis, Morpho, Cathexis, Dell Storage, Biomaster & EVIM.
- Where required, conduct checks on IQ Suite, Nuuo security systems.
- LAN administration, including switch management.
- Mapping of new camera’s according to security risk reviews.
- Liaising with vendors for replacement stock or spares for maintenance.
- Adherence to standard operating proceudres and to IT Security governance and policies.
- Take initiative to improve IT Security and better fulfill the needs of the user-base.
- Comply with Client specific security procedures, including incident and change control procedures.
- Assist with the design of the security solution for new or transitioned Teraco facilities.
- Handover testing of new installations.
- Implementation and monitoring of alerts on the Cathexis and Biomaster alert management systems.
- Skills transfer or training of collegues/ service providers, including Servest Control Room staff.
- Support all sites, which may require traveling between sites by car or air.
- Ad-hoc duties.
- Manage risks associated with access to the information assets/systems.
- Good communication skills
- Active listening – ability to understand requirements
- Ability to communicate in English
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to work independently & a positive team player
- Conducts self professionally, exhibits high levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continued learning and self-development
- All activities performed on time
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in IT or IT Security environment
- IT Diploma/Certificate or equivalent NQF Level 6
- CCNA & CCNP Security (advantageous)
- CISSP/Appropriate Security Qualification (advantageous)
- Previous experience in supporting a VMS system or IP camera network (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Telecommunication and Data Centre environment (advantageous)
- Driver’s license and own car essential
Safety Risk Assessment
- Display Screen Equipment, this is basically your PC screen and peripherals. We would look at seat height, screen height, chair ergonomics, screen glare
- Manual Handling
- Slips and trips
- Aware of responsibilities under the Health & Safety act.
- All Teraco employees are responsible for the quality of their work and the protection of company and client information.
Personal Protective Equipment
Gauteng - JHB East Rand
Safety And Security