Main Purpose of the Role
Provide day to day leadership to Procurement team. To ensure accurate and timely creation of purchase orders. Implement and maintain controls to ensure compliance with Internal and External Audit.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Supervise Procurement Administrators.
- Responsible for managing workload, training and mentoring of team members.
- Responsible for holding weekly meetings with team as well as one-on one’s.
- Lead the annual Performance Planning & Development process with team (setting of clear measurable goals/objectives; on-going review of performance).
- Functionally manage daily team performance to achieve service level agreements; measure against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Take active part in hiring process.
- Ability to interact with both internal customers and suppliers; proactively manage expectations.
- Act as first line escalation for issues arising; demonstrate ownership and leadership in resolving issues raised.
- Identify and address supplier lead-time issues.
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure, adaptability, flexibility and autonomy.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Report: Weekly analysis and clearing of Open Orders, late deliveries and back orders.
- Monthly analysis and clearing of requisitions.
- Responsible for exception spend analysis report.
- Full ownership of all systems used for procurement reporting to ensure that input and output exceeds the standards of customers.
- Responsible for Approval Framework on Searchlight.
- Responsible for catalogue and annual price increase updates on Searchlight.
- Compile, review and maintain SOPs relating to Procurement Function.
- Ensure that all matters pertaining to internal and external audit are dealt with timeously and accurately.
- Responding to queries from stakeholders.
- Ad hoc projects/tasks.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on continues improvement plans.
- Responsible for regular updates/communication to stakeholders ensuring transparency of processes and timelines.
Skills and Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Planning Skills
- Time Management
- Service Orientation
- Customer focused
- Work under pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Numerical Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
Education and Experience:
- Matric / Grade 12 required
- Diploma in Finance
- Min 3 - 4 years experience in a Procurement environment
- Supervisory experience
- Computer literacy: Intermediate Excel
- Basic Finance knowledge
- Searchlight System knowledge an advantage
- Pharmaceutical experience
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit their CV’s online on or before 14 November 2019. Please note that if you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has been unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Internal Applications must be completed using an Aspen mailing address after having had informed their direct line managers of their application