- To perform chemical experiments (including use of appropriate analytical techniques) directed towards process troubleshooting and optimisation investigations.
- To compile reports based on completed work.
- Assist in compilation of project plans, manufacturing protocols and research reports.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
- Proven team player.
- Must be organised, hands on, disciplined and honest.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work and perform under pressure.
- Proven ability to learn and develop new skills.
- Educational requirement of BSc (Hons) Chemistry (with proven, above average ability in organic chemistry) or an equivalent qualification as per the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
- Prior experience in a synthetic organic chemistry laboratory will be a differentiating advantage.
- Experience with HPLC, LC-MS or GC-MS will be a differentiating advantage.
- Be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Analytical mind-set.
- Experience with and willingness to adhere to safe laboratory practices.