We have an opportunity for an experienced problem-solver with in depth knowledge of Business Analysis to join our team. Logistical and implementation problem-solving in a technical context is an important part of this role. A hands-on, delivery orientated professional will need to apply their knowledge and experience in medium to complex project environments (SME / Technical Expertise).
The Senior Business Consultant may be required to lead a team of Business Analysts of between 1 and 6 individuals to deliver projects successfully. This position also entails being involved with internal operational processes in addition to client delivery.
- IT related undergrad in B.Com Information Systems or Honours in BBusSc Information System
Technical Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in medium to complex systems development delivery projects ideally in a financial services / insurance environment.
- Proven track-record of leading teams and being responsible for project outcomes.
- A thorough understanding of the software/system development process.
- Must be able to scope, plan and estimate delivery approach / strategies for own and / or team deliverables across SDLC.
- Strong requirements elicitation, analysis and management skills.
- Detail-oriented and a strong focus on quality assurance of deliverables.
- Ability to manage risks and issues related to own / team’s delivery.
- Must be able to lead and coach teams to high performance levels.
- Ability to build good working relationships with team and stakeholders.
- Experience in negotiating corporate culture and building relationships.
- Exposure to Microsoft Technologies (SQL Server, .Net framework, C#) and Project Management is advantageous
- Ability to motivate and mentor people
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Be able to influence opinions / decisions
- Must be able to manage conflict in a professional manner
- Attention to detail and delivery orientated
- Versatile, hands-on, willing to get ‘stuck in’ (will need to do own project administration).
- Delivery focused and proactive, a self-starter.
- Responsive to change
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with clients and team members.
Employment Equity requirement:
Employment Equity would be highly preferable. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The company prides itself in having the ability to turn business problems into agile solutions. Creating business and IT alchemy, we are a solution-driven enterprise that builds productivity and profit.
Our expert analysts position our clients at the forefront of technology innovation, creating balance with the best engineering talent, so that our clients can harness their true capabilities. Our integrated services blend software solutions with big-picture analysis to create an offering that promotes productivity and drives profit.
We invest in our people, and develop technology and business experts, by collaborating with clients on meaningful and challenging opportunities. You will have access to mentorship, career planning, eCoaching and tech talks.
Not based in Cape Town? We offer relocation assistance. Our flexi-hours, 20 annual leave days, above-industry salaries, progressive maternity and paternity leave policies, and fun staff events, ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance.