HomeChoice is a leading omni-channel retailer, delighting our customers with an innovative range of curated products on personalized terms. Our aim is to provide multiple, convenient and easy retail shopping channels to guarantee that we meet all our customer expectations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for working within the Engineering development team to deliver enhancements, new initiatives and resolve live issues with a full understanding of the standard system development life cycle (define, build, test) and track record of delivering changes, enhancements and new functionality.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing in the role:
- Design, develop, and deliver new features using RESTful API’s and related services according to agreed project timelines
- Ensure accurate scoping and allocation of time for development required
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Adhere to coding standards defined by the technical management team
- Support and maintain production system(s)
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Continuously identify and solve technical problems
- Assist and mentor junior members within the team
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree with Information Technology or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years+ working experience as a C# .net developer (.Net Framework) with the following technologies: MVC, .Net Core, WebAPI’s, SQL Server
- Proven experience with ASP.NET view state management, form validation controls and .NET controls is required
- Proven track record in taking projects through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, DevOps and SOA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and enjoys problem solving
- Nice to have: Message Queuing (RabbitMQ or other), Amazon native cloud services (e.g. EKS), Unit Testing, Code Coverage, Code Metric, Containers, AWS CI/CD, Delphi, MySQL, ELK Stack, New Relic
- 3+ years in the retail, logistics or credit sector is advantageous
- Keep Innovating – we have the courage to contribute new ideas and turn those ideas into reality.
- Think like an entrepreneur – we treat the business like it's our own.
- Keep it real – we are mindful of the impact of our words and actions.
- Raise the bar – we strive to deliver excellence in everything that we do.