The incumbent has the defined responsibility and authority for ensuring that SHEQ, ISO 17025, ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and risk assessment systems and procedures are implemented and followed at all times.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY:
- Comply with SHEQ requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Ensuring that ISO 45001 safety and health standards, ISO 14001, ISO 17025, Risk Assessments are maintained and ZERO harm is sustained.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Key Customers: All people in the Plant or Mine.
- Integrate all policies, procedures, standards, checklists, forms and IT applications into the relevant business processes (EBMS)
- Integrate all of our SHEQ management functions with our daily business management operations (Chrome Doc, IMS)
- Investigate system problems, identify and recommend solutions
- Ensuring conformance with quality, ISO 17025, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, Risk Assessments and ISO 9001 standards
- Participate in Significant Quality Incident Investigations
- Participate in Risk assessments based on external and internal influences
- Develop and roll out of all system procedures based on ISO 17025, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, Risk Assessments and 9001 requirements
- Review quality system and documentation annually for continued suitability
- Authorize and approve changes to documents when required
- Schedule SHEQ Integrated system internal audits and management reviews annually
- Act on findings from management review meetings as well as internal and external audits
- Facilitate root cause investigations of non-conforming product and necessary corrective and preventative actions
- Motivate and oversee the implementation of Quality improvement initiatives
- Strive towards continuously improving the way we do business by benchmarking the Quality systems and SHEQ integrated system against Samancor Cr Business Units to ensure best practice
- Compile monthly Samancor Cr Business SHEQ Integrated system reports.
- Conduct awareness training on good quality management system principles and SHEQ integrated system principles.
- BSc. Degree / National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry / Quality Management or equivalent
- Strong Computer literacy – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 45001, auditors training
- Minimum two years relevant experience.
- Risk Assessment Techniques Course
- Knowledge of IMS, MES, EBMS would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 45001, ISO 14001
- Identification of risk(s) and risk management principles
- Auditing Principles
- Principles of sampling and sample preparation.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Safety Awareness
- Managing Work and Work Standards
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Operational Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
- Contributing to Team Success
- Adhering to Values