Duties and responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Site Master Electrician will;
- Maintain a safe, Healthy and Risk Free Working Environment
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving
- Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part in Projects, minimise risk and high electrical consumptions.
- Ensure the site electrical metering measuring system is correct and up to standard (all reading are correct
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner and assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs.
- Take part, as functional expert, in FFA's on request
- Contribute to Self and Team development and Communicate effectively in the Work place
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum – OND or equivalent in Electrical Electronics
- Trade test qualification: Electrical or Millwright.
- Must have a master electrical certificate or equivalent
- Must have at least 5-8yrs experience as a master electrician.
- Must have worked on medium voltage (1000v-33 000v)
- Must have experience in switching and access
- Knowledge or experience of working in a production environment particularly in FMCG.
- Knowledge or experience of working in the Substation would be of advantage.
- MV switching qualification.
Key competencies and attributes
- Systemic and Analytical problem-solver
- Good leadership Potential
- Good understanding of modern maintenance practices and maintenance system
- Good knowledge of production processes and technologies
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance
- Acts with integrity