Ninety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers; Ackermans; PUMA and the Spur Group to name but a few.
We are currently looking for a professional, seasoned and solutions-driven Social Media Designer with a conceptual digital design background to provide outstanding technical and creative support on integrated social media campaigns for a large national retailclient.
The successful candidate has an exceptional portfolio demonstrating an in-depth working understanding of social media; social media strategies and social media campaigns across platforms.
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who works well in a team; can maintain strong relationships with clients and is technologically savvy, we want to hear from you!
- To build and sustain strong and long-lasting relationships with clients
- Redesign and transfer ATL graphics to web-based platforms; optimized for social media
- Ensuring that client brand guidelines remains consistent across design elements
- Work in an agile fashion and independently
- Manage effective and accurate delivery of final elements ensuring meticulous activation
- Assist with monitoring effectiveness of campaigns to ensure client campaigns are properly planned and reported on against campaign objectives, KPIs and metrics; including analytics and reporting
- Maintain an active knowledge of industry and digital marketing trends to assist with proactively advising clients about digital marketing landscape developments
- Deliver jobs on time, on budget and continuously exceed client expectations
Minimum Relevant Experience Required:
- Digital Agency and/or Advertising Agency experience is non-negotiable
- Experienced in conceptual digital design and/or social media design is essential
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- A strong foundation in brand design principles
- Proven track-record in concept development from brief to final digital delivery
- Experience with SEO; SEM and analytics required
- Technical skills required in Adobe CC; HTML/CSS; Wordpress; MS Office Suite
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines and needs to work well under extreme pressure
- Passion for social media content driving long-term beneficial consumer engagement in-line with Client Brand Strategy
- Solutions-driven team-player
- Demonstrated digital thought leadership
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional, hard-working and have an eager-to-learn attitude
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills
- Keen interest in fashion/retail fashion brands
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Valid, driver's licence and own transport essential
- Tertiary qualification in Digital Design, with a background in Social Media design
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in the same or similar role in an Agency is essential, preferably working on retail and/or fashion accounts
- Experience in SEO, analytics and reporting (Hootsuite, Twitter and Facebook Analytics, Google Adwords)
- Technically skilled in Adobe CC; HTML/CSS; Wordpress; MS Office Suite
- Retouching skills advantageous
Should you meet our requirements, please do apply via our recruitment platform. We do require a portfolio for this position.
Due to the volume of responses that we received, should you not receive feedback regarding your application within 2 weeks, kindly accept your application as unsuccessful.
Applications from EE candidates will be considered with preference in compliance with the Employment Equity Act.