- Responsible for company-wide commodity TCO
- Proposes/facilitates TCO reduction initiatives
- Leads negotiations with suppliers; Structures agreements
- Identifies strategic impact of key industry/technological trends on commodity
- Monitors supplier performance; Monitors team performance
- Develops suppliers
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives
- Understands impact of applicable commodity related legislation
Understands Supplier Industry·
- Review industry literature and new supplier products
- Build and update supplier cost models
Understands User Needs·
- Understand production and usage forecasts by SKU
- Identify potential / best brand names and specifications
- Prespecify product inputs
- Participates in long-term strategic planning process that will impact commodities
- Participates in commodity management forecasting process
- Proposes inventory reduction targets
- Provides input on issues regarding commodity logistics
- Identifies improvement opportunities regarding the commodity
- Provides oversight over order fulfilment process
IT & Systems Support
- Volume and Price forecasting processes and systems
- Contract management - Supplier evaluation and selection, pricing research and
- Oversight of order management and supplier payment
- Takes responsibility for self-development
- Evaluates, coaches and develops core commodity team members
- Gives input into evaluation of non-commodity management members
- B. degree with further study; BSc, BCom etc.
- MBA preferred
- Several years of service in a global sourcing management position
- Demonstrated involvement at a senior level in an organisation
- Will have managed a cross-functional team with a proven track record of achieving targets and developing people
- Highly motivated/results oriented
- High energy levels/action oriented
- A team player with strong leadership ability
- An ability to deal at all levels of the organisation
- Personal and professional integrity
- Entrepreneurial nature
- Be curious
- Subscribes to core beliefs of: Growth, Innovation, Quality, Speed, Agility, Integrity, Humility
- Ability to build relationships with EXCO and line executives and key managers and to promote teamwork between their function and other areas.
- Develop stakeholder management strategies for key external stakeholders so as to position Famous Brands in a more competitive and sustainable space.
- Demonstrate the ability to source best practice from the external market and apply appropriate solutions to create shift in the Famous Brands business.
- Provide clear direction to staff and MDT
- Understand value chains and be able to generate integrated solutions with colleagues from other disciplines.
- Implement and integrate solutions across multiple disciplines as required.
- Ability to develop and maintain networks across industries.Computer modelling skills.