PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary responsibility will be to assist our customers in obtaining optimal electrode operation with Elkem Electrode paste products. This will be an important part in our efforts to satisfy the needs of our customers and directly support Elkem Carbon`s sales and marketing efforts. The role will be a part of the Sales & Marketing team and will be working closely with Elkem`s technical and commercial staff.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY:
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Ensure SHEQ compliance within the team through effective use of the toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to analyse, identify trends, initiate, mitigate, investigate and report SHEQ status
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Improving and updating of quality procedures to ensure compliance to ISO standards and requirements
- Ensure compliance of Product and Process Quality through laboratory controls
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Lead the laboratory team to ensure that the quality of products produced by the company are to the correct standard
- participate in, and lead process problem solving investigations
- Provide technical assistance and support to customers with specific reference to the use of Søderberg Electrode paste
- Conduct audits and provide training on electrode management
- Visit customers for general follow-up (at least 1 visit per customer per 6 months)
- Compile and submit technical reports after each customer visit.
- Analyse and interpret customer furnace data, assess deviations and initiate continuous improvement ideas
- Opportunities for extensive local and international travel.
- Will be part of the global technical support team providing support to all the paste plants
- Supply Electrode management training to customers
LABORATORY PROCESS AND CONTROL:
- Ensure that all laboratory work is carried out the highest standards and to ensure that we maintain our ISO accreditation.
- Monthly reporting of Quality parameters and KPIs
- Ensure that monthly quality reporting is carried out.
- Ensuring that certificates of analysis of Elkem Ferroveld’s products are developed.
- Ensuring that quality assurance is done in line with best practices within Elkem Carbon.
- May be responsible for leading development of new products and conducting trials of new products at customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc. Eng. Chemical/ Metallurgy Degree
- 4 years experience, Ferroalloys Furnace experience will be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP & Microsoft Office
- Proven academic and work related track record
- Must be willing to travel extensively locally and abroad and must have licence and own reliable vehicle.
- Knowledge of Søderberg paste in furnace applications will be considered and advantage
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Safety Leadership
- Planning, Organising & Control
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Aligning Performance for success
- Relating & Networking
- Change Leadership
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Adhering to Values
Closing Date: 22 June 2019