Provide technical guidance to the team on best practises and to perform team lead functions as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate will:
· Provide technical guidance and advice on problem resolution approach.
· Provide technical guidance and knowledge based on more complex issues across a wide range of technologies.
· Have extensive vendor/technical knowledge and provide guidance on the following:
Routers (Cisco IOS & IOS XE);
Switches (Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus NX-OS, Dell MXL);
Firewalls (Cisco ASA & ASAv, Cisco PIX, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX);
Load Balancers (F5 LTM, NetScaler SDX/VPX/MPX, Cisco ACE);
Wireless (Cisco AP);
Fabric Interconnect (UCS 6248UP);
Management Systems (Solarwinds, BNA, Entuity, Cisco CMX/MSE, Cisco WLC, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, NetScaler Command Centre, NetScaler Insight);
Future: Palo Alto firewalls
· Keep up to date by attending training for new technologies.
· Maintain existing certifications.
· Be aware of commercials and how day to day tasks effect profitability.
· Optimize team for creating additional capacity for time & material work and new business and technologies.
· Play a lead role in due diligence and transition of new services and customers into support.
· Provide quotes for ad hoc and T&M (time & material) work.
· Review proposals and designs with a focus on operational supportability in order to feed into requirements definitions and costing discussions.
Managing People and Customer Relationships:
· Be a natural leader.
· Interact with team members for sharing knowledge and building strong relationships.
· Work closely with existing technical lead and team leader.
· Lead or represent team in customer group discussions.
· Participate in customer service reviews. Build good relationships, rapport and instil confidence in successful service delivery.
· Be polite and professional
· Be able to communicate effectively with customers to ensure requirements are understood and met within agreed timescales.
· Mentoring of team members to assist them in reaching their potential and aid with the rapid growth of the team.
· Hold team members accountable for adhering to processes and customer contracts.
· Work as part of a large team (15+ engineers), sharing knowledge and information, taking instruction, guidance, but also be expected to work on their own accord, progressing project work in accordance with Computacenter standards and processes.
· Proactively identify process and team areas that require improvement and facilitate resolution.
· Ensure that documentation is relevant to effective resolution of problems.
· Encourage and oversee team focus on process improvement.
· Provide balanced technical and commercial input to develop effective solutions.
· Lead and coordinates major projects.
· Perform service transition and due diligence.
· Co-ordinate and oversee work schedule demands.
· Assist team leader in handling team and customer escalations - make decisions and advise after the fact.
· Delegate tasks when required according to defined roles and responsibilities.
· Assist with resourcing planning and optimization.
· Attend interviews for vacancies and do technical assessment of candidates.
Experience: 6+ years at professional level.
They should be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of Switching, Routing, VPN, Security/Firewall and IP Subnetting.
Experience: 3+ years at expert level.
Load Balancing especially on Citrix NetScaler and F5 LTM. Wireless especially Cisco CMX/MSE/WLC. Management platforms especially Cisco ACS/ISE/Prime.
Professional level certifications (any of the following): CCNP (R&S) / CCNP (Data Centre) / JNCIP-ENT / JNCIP-SP. Additional to these professional level qualifications it would be very beneficial to have entry network certifications in any of the following: Citrix NetScaler (CCA-N/CCA-P); F5 LTM (CA/CTS)
CCIE (R&S) / CCIE (Data Centre) / JNCIE-ENT / JNCIE-SP.