Purpose of Position:
To ensure the Management Accounting Systems produce accurate results, which may be used to assist the DC to achieve its maximum financial potential.
- Adhere to Approvals framework.
- Complete insurance claims forms and send to central finance
- Follow up’s on Capex admin and control
- Assist the Distribution Manager in preparing the expense budget and preparing preliminary feasibilities for Capex’s
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and annual performance reports
- Assistance with bi-annual stock counts
- Analysis of variances to include inventory write-offs, recoveries, expense analysis, headcount analysis in terms of Budget vs Actual, trends and feasibility
- Forecasting of recoveries and expenses in consultation with the SA Commercial Central Finance department and Distribution Operations Team.
- Provide feedback on risk present in the operation
- Manage and control transport account (+/- R2.5 million per month)
- Review of accounts. Ensure signed off and approved by Management and send to Central Finance for payment
- Manage departmental financial, SHE, HR and GDP responsibilities and activities
- Plan, lead, allocate and manage departmental activities, resources and tasks in accordance with agreed budgets, service/delivery targets and daily/weekly/monthly plans
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for operational management and measurement
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans and actions
- Manage departmental absenteeism
- Set Annual Budgets and Quarterly Forecasts
- Meet output requirements, while containing expenditure
- Meet targets on write offs and Logistics cost.
- Ensure capital expenditure plans are met
- Ensure control and approval of expenses in accordance with the company approvals framework
- Control all inventory in area of responsibility
- Ensure annual stock stakes meet control requirements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Adaptability and ability to deal with change.
- Ability to work close with operational staff, and plan accordingly operational requirements
- Ability to effectively maintain discipline and resolve IR related issues.
- Good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate- MS Office essential and previous accounting package experience (BAAN, SAP or related ERP system)
- Attention to detail
- B Comm Degree
- 2-3 years Management Accounting/ Financial Accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting processes
- Financial Performance Packs
- Analysis of Management Accounts
Pharmaceutical And Medical/Healthcare