LEROY MERLIN is part of ADEO which is Head Quartered in France, Europe. ADEO boasts a workforce of over 120 000 Employees, 34 Autonomous Companies in 14 countries, dedicated to 15 retail chains with an annual turnover of over 304 Billion ZAR.
We are a privately-owned family business. Our values of Respect, Integrity, Honesty, Simplicity, Close connection, Performance spirit, Consistency and Generosity are core to our culture. We are a business globally engaged in sustainable development.
As the founding enterprise of ADEO, LEROY MERLIN specializes in home improvement Omnichannel Retailing.
ADEO is the World’s 3rd largest DIY retailer in addition to being number one in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Russia. LEROY MERLIN started operations in Johannesburg a few months ago with the opening of the “CAMPUS” in Greenstone, Stoneridge Centre.
LEROY MERLIN’s objective is to develop the market of home improvement by bringing innovation and affordable choices to our customers. LEROY MERLIN is driven to help customers improve their homes and to live a better life.
To support the launch of this new company, we are looking for a Web Project Manager based in Johannesburg.
DIGITAL/WEB PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Manages and supervises the development of the functional and visual parts of the customer facing Digital/Web resources
- Responsible for successful implementation and correct operation of all product information and digital content collection systems (PIM & DAM, Supplier Portal) and processes to ensure the successful launch of any given Digital/Web resource and all its mechanisms
- Identify the need for additional tools to facilitate the work of the Value Chain/Market Team on specific project implementations (Digital/Web resource launches) and any other web related tasks and coordinate the development or adaptation of such tools
- Search for and evaluate contractors, write and examine the specifications, monitor compliance and test the completed/developed resources for bugs and possible improvements
- Collect and structure the bug fix, resource improvement and resource evolution requests of the Value Chain/Market Team and Store Teams, including those already involved in certain Digital/Web projects, to maximize the correspondence of the final product to the business and customer needs. Submit these ideas for the evaluation of the Digital Project Squad work group and other colleagues if necessary
- Insure smooth integration of the new Digital/Web resource into the existing IT infrastructure and coordinate the implementation of any necessary infrastructure changes
- Insure the functional, technical and security compliance of any given Digital/Web resource with the actual and future requirements and needs of the company and Adeo
- Stay in continuous contact and sync with the key actors from the IT teams of Adeo, coordinate and approve major/critical Digital/Web resource upgrades and changes with the Team Leaders
- Explore the best of the Digital/Web resource implementation examples and best practices worldwide, that can become a good opportunity for our business. Analyze the possible feasibility, effectiveness and outcome of integration of such best examples and practices into the business and effectively communicate the outcomes to the colleagues and the Team Leaders
- Regularly report on the status of various project phases, and on projects in general to the Digital Leader and colleaguess
DIGITAL/WEB RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure and facilitate regular website content updates done by the Value Chain/Market Team in three main directions: Products, Articles, Services
- Supervise the relevance of the information presented on all company customer facing Digital/Web resources
- Continuously adjust and optimize the text content of all web sites for search engines (SEO)
- All the information on all the company's customer facing resources must be easily and effectively perceived by all customers;
- Ensure updates on Digital/Web resources are regularly checked
- Follow the development and implementation of the latest functionality based on customer feedback to ensure maximum compliance with the needs of customers
- Regularly update the information on the performance of all Digital/Web resources, and present this information to colleagues and company leadership. (based on Google Analytics, SimilarWeb, etc.)
The successful candidate should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant degree in IT or Project Management and/or professional certifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of project management or on a managerial level
- Solid technical understanding of IT systems and experience working with such
- Omnichannel or Digital Retail experience is an advantage
- Proactive, independent thinker and a team player
- Problem solver with effective communication skills