A leading innovate grower of berries, with farms in South Africa and globally, is recruiting passionate, motivated, and eager to improve themselves, BSc Graduate Growers for the companies Graduate Development Programme.
During a two-year programme the Graduate will develop into a professional Grower.
They will be assisted by a coach / mentor, getting the opportunity to sample 2 - 4 rotations, offering a broad range of challenging responsibilities, international where appropriate.
Supplementing practical training they will join formal courses specific to growing and leadership skills.
Their progress will be regularly checked and at the end of each year they will demonstrate their new skills and knowledge during assessments as well as a final assignment before completing the programme.
- A Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Horticulture, or a National Diploma or BTech in these fields.
- Good understanding (experience), and knowledge of good agronomic practices.
- Less than 3 years experience in growing crops.
- Technical knowledge of crops, products, and farming practices.
- Passion for growing plants, for people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- High energy level for working long hours.
- Calm and humble character.
- Motivated to improve yourself.
- Attention to detail.
- In possession of a Driver's license and passport.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Salary offered: R18 500 per month.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.