Job Title : Clerk: Cashbook
Department : Region - Finance
Reports To : Accountant
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsibility for the full cashbook function. Performs accurate and timeously updating and reconciling of cashbooks.
- Daily downloading of bank statements into Excel spreadsheet (Standard Bank and First National Bank) and distributing to Credit Control Department.
- Ensure Accurate and timeous daily EFTs, cheque payments and receipts including debit orders.
- Processing of daily and monthly cashbook transactions, and ensure all transactions are allocated accurately and cleared by month-end.
- Ensure effective control of 6 cashbooks and the reconciliation of these cashbooks to the bank statement
- Processing of monthly creditors payments according to a payment schedule
- Preparation and distribution of interdivisional debit notes for the on charging of expenses
- Reconciliation of monthly private calls.
- Maintain BEE schedule spend analysis for monthly cashbook spend.
- Maintain accurate filing records and defacing of used cheques.
- Maintain daily accurate filing.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as instructe