- Provide civil and structural technical expertise for the engineering, designing and integrity checking of buildings and structrures predominatly in the mining industry.
- Ability to work as a team player and be able to communicate effectively and maintain relationships with clients.
- Responsible for all the phases of the design and engineering, from conceptual engineering, feasibility studies, project engineering cost budget estimate (capex), quality control, construction planning, construction and detailed project desing reviews of small, medium and larget projects.
Experience should include mining and process plants, bulk materials handling, water retaining structures, pump stations, industrial buildings, warehouses, roads, drainage specialising in all civil and structural engineering infrastructure design.
- Ensure that designs are carried out in accordance with client standards and specifications documentation, industrial norms and the relevant legislation.
Ability to maintain an overview of the project while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
Conduct on site investigations and inspections be able to analyse data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other).
Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Preparing Bills of Quantity (BOQs) and providing estimates for projects.
- Communicate with the project management department, in compliance with company procedures.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs.
- The ability to think methodically.
- Undertaking complex calculations.
- Compiling job specifications and adjudicating tenders.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
Familiarity with design software, such as Prokon, Navisworks, Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, 3D modelling and MicroStation.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
Ability to work on more than one project at a time.
Review and approve the design development and process design, defined EPCM design deliverables and any proposed design changes.
Ensure that design meets all Client requirements, particularly in operations and maintenance.
Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
Ensure that the technical integrity and work scope definition is maintained through the procurement and construction activities, by maintaining close corporation with those functions and advising the project manager if corrective action is necessary.
Ensure that all engineering and designs are done within bounds of the existing operational capabilities, standards, legal requirements and guidelines and that due consideration is given to environmental requirements including the use of energy saving technologies.
Liaises with the Engineering management and staff on site to ensure complete buy-in in design and engineering on the Project.
Control engineering work by weekly review meeting for progress, co-ordination, problem solving and efficiency review, backed by discipline rolling horizon and discipline needs lists.
- Ensuring alignment with the Group standards for each study phase.
- Ensure alignment with the other elements of the Project Management Plans.
- Ensure that designs are fit for purpose and safe for implementation.
- Ensure that hazards and risks are identifies for all lant and major equipment.
- Reviews the designs completed by the discipline engineers.
- Interface and liasison with the other project team disciplines and any other consultants as may be necessary during the project.
- Co-ordination of expediting and quality control activities.
- A logical and planned approach of the engineering processes and workflow.