Our Client, the Automobile Association of South-Africa is looking for an experienced Commercial Executive to join their team in Midrand, Johannesburg.
The Commercial Executive will develop and drive the implementation of an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy that will ensure that the acceleration of profitable sales and business growth ultimately ensuring commercial success.
The development of a strong and effective sales culture across all channels within the organization is a key requirement, supported by a management team to develop and direct effective B2C and B2B strategies.
The Executive will further be responsible for the strategic planning, direction, monitoring and coordination of the activities of the organization's product division to ultimately ensure that product and service offerings respond to the needs of members and customers, thereby driving Membership sales and revenue, in line with the organization's growth objectives.
Desired knowledge and requirements
* A good understanding of commercial markets.
* Clear understanding of complex, direct selling into B2B and B2C markets.
* Good understanding of pricing factors.
* An understanding of actuarial science principles regarding retention.
* Extensive knowledge of sales processes that will support and optimise B2B and B2C sales processes.
* Sound knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations etc.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Advanced computer knowledge working with MS Office packages.
* Project management methodology.
* Expertise in relationship building and relationship management; prior experience in a heavily client-focused role is strongly preferred.
* Financial and analytical understanding that may be applied to strategic divisional business planning and budgeting is required, including setting divisional and individual targets, to ensure that objectives are met.
* A sound understanding of basic human resources functions, such as recruitment, coaching and motivation, training, reward and recognition, retention of staff, labour relations, etc.
* Knowledge of the market, customer, products and services that have, and will, set the standard of professional service being offered to AA members and future customers.
* More than 10 years Executive
* Management / Director
* B Com or equivalent
* MBA advantageous