- Ensure the Board of Directors and the Company comply with good corporate governance principles.
- Prepare and manage the annual Board calendar.
- Manage the Board meeting preparation and deliverables with the relevant stakeholders.
- Accurate recording of minutes during Board Committee meetings.
- Effective drafting of resolutions.
- Provide orientation, guidance and training to Directors regarding their duties covering Legal, Compliance and Governance aspects.
- Provide governance support during negotiation, closing and integration of mergers and acquisitions; registered addresses, cosec appointments, director changes, auditors, review of existing statutory documentation, updating of statutory records, creation and maintenance of share certificates, resolutions, etc.
- Assist the Board of Directors with evaluation procedures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation like the Companies Act, FSB requirements, King IV, etc. Monitor, oversee, report and implement any remedial actions.
- Responsible for the drafting and reviewing of contracts.
- Attendance of EXCO meetings. Prepare minutes and track actions in relation to these meetings.
- Actively monitor and report on corporate governance trends and laws allowing for timely anticipation of new requirements and their potential impact on the organisation as well as the preparation of appropriate responses.
- Prepare and facilitate annual Board evaluation.
- Advise on Directors Fees and payment thereof
- The Board
- The Regulator
- Functional Business Heads