|The purpose of the Customer Sales Team Leader is to manage and drive the Customer Sales teams to deliver exceptional customer service and close sales (i.e. take & record orders) in order to increase revenue.|
As the CS Supervisor you will be responsible for day-to-day operation management and excellence execution of the Customer Sales Consultant (CSC) and Customer Sales Agent (CSA) by introducing the necessary checks and measures. You will also constantly review and adjust the team/ individual objectives, team composition and workload allocation in order to meet goals.
You will be responsible for addressing escalated customer complaints and queries, ensuring they are dealt with in a courteous, accurate & timely manner, perform root cause analysis to identify the reasons for the issue and suggest ways to resolve this.
You will also be responsible for the teams adherence to all current and new operational- & business standards and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). You will perform call quality reviews, performance management discussions and identify the required training/ coaching interventions required to address shortcomings.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the team leader to ensure effective functioning of the CS team
- Ensure accurate daily planning to include all customers due for delivery to be contacted and are loaded on the system calendar
- Ensure all follow-up sales calls of the previous day has been finalised and that all open items/ escalations have been prioritised
- Monitor, track and ensure timely execution of calls and placing orders, to increase revenue
- Monitor and communicate stock levels to the CS team and adapt sales approaches & offers based on this information
- Inform the CS team of specific sales instructions (i.e. promotions, offers, product movements) as per instructions from the Order Manager or Sales division, and ensure the effective execution thereof
- Along with HR, ensure performance management and disciplinary procedure is correctly followed
- Update and provide input into quality scorecards/ metrics
- Review, interpret and implement corrective action based on statistics and scoring (metrics on performance/ adherence)
- Provide feedback to applicable departments (e.g. Receivables/ Group Accounts) on lost sales, incorrect data and listings on Electronic Document Interface orders, customer account disputes and trade returns
Innovation & Improvement Results
- Responsible for determining training needs in the department
- Develop, update and customise training requirements and material (with the assistance of Human Resources)
- Responsible for the provision of training and support to new CSCs and CSAs in the company, ensuring they work effectively & efficiently within a reasonable time
- Support, train and up skill existing CSCs and CSAs. Improving their core skills around customer relationship management, selling tips/ techniques and the companys products and operations
- Deliver training (including new product launches, product updates, policy and other changes) to the CS team and ensure their understanding thereof
- Monitor the attendance to training sessions as well as the completion rates of online training
Risk & Compliance Management
- Proactively identify and escalate potential risks with products (quality, schedule management, customer allocation and technology/ system issues) to the appropriate stakeholder
- Monitor and assess potential risks and issues with customers and staff, suggest remedial action or escalation
- Ensure CS teams awareness of, and compliance to relevant policies, procedures and contracts.